ChocolateSyrupyWafflesForum
Welcome to CSW. Please sign-in.
Welcome to CSW. Please sign-in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a forum for the blog site chocolatesyrupywaffles (CSW)

HomeAnyone else getting bored of the current anime season? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?

Go down 
+2
Rainy29
Acerbus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Acerbus

Acerbus

Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:23 am

Dream eater merry and gossick have kinda just become "how much longer until this is over?" animes that I don't feel like dropping cause I figure they won't go on much longer. Gossick is kinda interesting but its kinda got repetitive "Oh look the loli solved the problem with magic knowledge" and dreameater merry is getting boring cause they going and NOT fighting things and sparing them.

Ironically zombie desu is less boring as its so stupid its good.

On the plus side index has accelerator throwing a building and doesn't afraid of anything, in it but that didn't start this season so it doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Rainy29
Neko Fujiyoshi
Rainy29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:01 am

I started watching Gosick but it just couldn't hold my interest....

Level E started out great... but now it's meh...

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is AWESOME! I can't get enough and I'm sure to be sad when it's over. It's by far my fav of the season... after that's over I'll be ready for Spring to start!
Back to top Go down
Chaps

Chaps

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:39 am

I'm feeling the same way. Only Madoka Magica and Hourou Musuko are keeping me entertained while Level E is hit-or-miss
Back to top Go down
CAC
ZeroKitteh
CAC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Madoka Magica, Fractle, Freezing, IS, Index II, Bakuman, and Star Driver are keeping my interest just fine actually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1722924401&am
Acerbus

Acerbus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Chaps wrote:
I'm feeling the same way. Only Madoka Magica and Hourou Musuko are keeping me entertained while Level E is hit-or-miss

Haven't been watching Hourou, madoka magica is mostly good cause of the evil bunny hellspawn thing and yeah level E has gone down hill.
Back to top Go down
Chaps

Chaps

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Acerbus wrote:
Chaps wrote:

Haven't been watching Hourou, madoka magica is mostly good cause of the evil bunny hellspawn thing and yeah level E has gone down hill.

Hourou is one of those shows that you'll either enjoy or not show any interest in based on the subject matter, but as someone who finds the social commentary interesting, I'm liking it. As for the rest of the shows:

* If Kimi 2 is dubbed "Misunderstandings: The Anime", then it'd only be fitting to call Yumekui "Rambling: The Anime", where rather than actually acting on anything or explain something relevant, they ramble on about one tiny thing that happens two episodes before it (like the beach episode dedicated to Merry moping around when she finds out that dream demons die when they are killed).

* GOSICK was kinda interesting but it does get rather predictable with Victorica magically solving all her cases, Grevill being a dick, and Kujo being a baby squirrel.

* Fractale is fun to poke fun at (see the Wafflechan post where I post still frames of Enri's "pervert" montage, trap fanservice, and a screencap of what looks like Alphonse from FMA taking Clain's buttcherry) but every character on the show is annoying except Clain, who I can sympathize with because even I would question why the fuck I'm with all of these annoying people.

* Beelzebub is entertaining, but it's not a beacon of high quality and some of the jokes aim towards a younger demographic as a Shounen Jump manga adaptation.

* Rio Rainbow Gate....I can't even say the name of this show without cracking up. There are bad shows, there are terrible shows, there are shit shows, and then there's Rio Rainbow Gate.
Back to top Go down
Acerbus

Acerbus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Chaps wrote:
Acerbus wrote:
Chaps wrote:

Hourou is one of those shows that you'll either enjoy or not show any interest in based on the subject matter, but as someone who finds the social commentary interesting, I'm liking it. As for the rest of the shows:

* If Kimi 2 is dubbed "Misunderstandings: The Anime", then it'd only be fitting to call Yumekui "Rambling: The Anime", where rather than actually acting on anything or explain something relevant, they ramble on about one tiny thing that happens two episodes before it (like the beach episode dedicated to Merry moping around when she finds out that dream demons die when they are killed).

* GOSICK was kinda interesting but it does get rather predictable with Victorica magically solving all her cases, Grevill being a dick, and Kujo being a baby squirrel.

* Fractale is fun to poke fun at (see the Wafflechan post where I post still frames of Enri's "pervert" montage, trap fanservice, and a screencap of what looks like Alphonse from FMA taking Clain's buttcherry) but every character on the show is annoying except Clain, who I can sympathize with because even I would question why the fuck I'm with all of these annoying people.

* Beelzebub is entertaining, but it's not a beacon of high quality and some of the jokes aim towards a younger demographic as a Shounen Jump manga adaptation.

* Rio Rainbow Gate....I can't even say the name of this show without cracking up. There are bad shows, there are terrible shows, there are shit shows, and then there's Rio Rainbow Gate.

1. I tend to be into social commentary but i think I'll pass on this, it just doesn't look amusing.

2. Yeah I'm getting tired of merry not killing things, she need to take BAMF lessons from accelerator.

3. They should have made victorica struggle more with solving things and made Kujo have some charter development.

4. I need to be able to piss in a cup to get a job so until that happens I'll pass on fractal.

5. Too low of a target market age and too much baby penis.

6. Yeah pass on rainbow gate.
Back to top Go down
Rainy29
Neko Fujiyoshi
Rainy29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 am

I watched 3 or 4 episodes of Rio Rainbow Gate.... (I quite after the Roulette bowling challenge) The stupidity of this show melted my brain.... and it also made me sad that it was about my profession Sad
Back to top Go down
Transgender Faye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:51 am

*hugs Rainy* There there, we all still love you
Back to top Go down
Acerbus

Acerbus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 pm

At least it didn't do to you what Jersey Shore did you people who live there.
Back to top Go down
Rainy29
Neko Fujiyoshi
Rainy29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 am

Heh true... In the US, dealers and pit bosses are still made out to be mob people in movies and on TV... I'm cool with that.
Back to top Go down
Acerbus

Acerbus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:31 pm

I live in the US too and the dealers here are much nicer then what the media has to say.
Back to top Go down
Cidz
Queen of the Penguin Zombies
Cidz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:21 pm

yeah im only watching like 2 shows this season. hourou musuko and kimi ni todoke.
i started watching gosick but put it on hold for some strange reason i fell behind but reading wut ppl said it seems that its still loli magically solves each case and so i probably wont keep watching it i mean when it comes to mystery shows i want there to be at least some guess work not oh hey main char magically solves everything!

i watched like 2 eps of freezing and dropped it. even dubzeh said he doesnt blame me for dropping it. i read a chap of the manga and it seems better so maybe ill go for the manga instead.

im curious about that magical shaft girl anime it seems kinda intersting but ill prolly wait till its over to watch it same with index 2.

kimi ni todoke 2 is pretty intersting but ive read the manga so i pretty much know whats going to happen lol. and hourou musuko is really good i like the show cuz it deals with a real life issue there really are kids that age dealing with transgender issues as well as puberty so its really intersting to see the process they go through and see them grow. i wanna read the manga of that as well.

i dunno this season was meh. to be honest even next seas. doesnt look all that promising stil it looks a bit more promising then this one.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cidz
Rainy29
Neko Fujiyoshi
Rainy29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Yes, wait till Madoka Magica is over before watching it... you don't want to be stuck with the fans right now waiting and hoping the series will be finished. They have 2 episodes left and they are talking about having the next one in early April. Japan is going through a lot right now so I can't complain... I just hope they do finally get it finished.

I would watch Kimi ni todoke... but I just recently read the manga (up to current releases) and I liked it... but if I'm going to read and watch a series I need some time between. Plus, most shojo anime just depresses me. I tend to hear about a good shojo anime... then I run out and read the manga.. cause it's almost guaranteed to be better.

I'm looking forward to a few things next season... it should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Cidz
Queen of the Penguin Zombies
Cidz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:33 am

oh wooooow yeah im going to wait then im not in a big hurry to watch it that way if i like it i can jus marathon it. and bummer i hope it gets finished soon!

haha yeah the manga is better well least the manga goes beyond the anime and stuff i picked up the manga where seas1 left off immediatly.

and shoujo anime can be frustrating sometimes cuz they take forever together >_< and i usually gotta read the manga afterwards anyways to see wut happens cuz the anime seems to end around when they are jus now getting together lol.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cidz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?   Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting bored of the current anime season?
Page 1 of 1